Lafayette Farmers and Artisans Market at the Horse Farm 2013 Digital Fall Photo Contest
Who Can Enter: The Lafayette Farmers and Artisans at the Horse Farm invites any and all photographers to enter its 2013 Digital Fall Photo Contest. Whether you are an amateur or professional, we want to see the Market through your lens!
What to Enter: Any photo taken during the weekly Lafayette Farmers and Artisans Market at the Horse Farm between November 2nd and November 23rd.
The Market is held at the Horse Farm every Saturday at 8 a.m.-12 p.m. (with extended hours from 8 a.m.- 1 p.m. on the third Saturday of every month).
How to Enter: 1. Sign-in as a photo contestant at the Market’s Welcome Tent on the November morning(s) you plan to photograph.
2. Take photos! The Market at the Horse Farm is full of produce, vendors, customers, and musicians. There is always a moment waiting to be captured at the Market—now is your chance!
3. Submit your digital photos (maximum of 3 per participant) by email to email@example.com by noon on Monday, November 25th. Include your name, the title of your photos, and your contact information with your photo submission.
Judging: The photo contest will be judged in two ways.
1. Facebook Favorite- On Tuesday, November 26th a photo album of all photo contest submissions will be posted to the Lafayette Farmers and Artisans Market at the Horse Farm’s Facebook page. The photo that gets the most “likes” in the album by 5 p.m. on Sunday, November 29th will win the title “Facebook Favorite.”
2. Photographer Panel- A panel of well-known, regional photographers will critically judge the photos and select the ones that best celebrate the Market and it’s mission. The panel of judges includes Paul Kieu, staff photographer for the Daily Advertiser, Denny Culbert, Louisiana food photographer, Peter Piazza, owner of Live Oak Images Photography Services, Philip Gould, Louisiana documentary and architectural photographer, and Jay Faugot, owner of Jay Fagout Photography. The panel will choose a winning photograph from each of the following categories:
· Best Market Moment · Best Food Photo · Best Candid Vendor Portrait
The four winners of the photo contest will be presented with a Market basket of treats and eats. The winners and the judges will be honored as Bell Ringers to start off the Market at 8 a.m. on Saturday, November 30th.
If your photograph is formally submitted as a contest entry, you grant the Lafayette Farmers and Artisans Market at the Horse Farm a royalty-free, nonexclusive right, in perpetuity, to: · Use the photograph on the Internet in support of our mission. · Use the photograph in the Market’s non-commercial communications. · Provide your photograph to other individuals and organizations for non-commercial use, Market-related use in news stories, newsletters, reports, slide shows, displays, web pages, and the like. · Use, in connection with the photo contest, your name in promotions and other publications. · Keep the files provided, and to archive the images on CD or in other electronicforms, so that your photos can be used to support our mission and be properly credited.